Sunday, October 5, 2008

Just for fun...

Top five signs “you're not in Kansas anymore”

5. You can't identify half the fruits on display at the roadside fruit stand.


4. Almost every American you meet somehow steers the conversation to the subject of government conspiracy.

3. “Dressing up” means going from bare feet to flip flops.

2. In between games at the outdoor basketball court, your opponent shimmies up a court side palm tree and starts throwing down coconuts for everyone to drink from.

And the top sign you're not in Kansas (or California, or Florida...) anymore...

1. You ask a person what iguana tastes like, and he struggles to find comparisons, before finally settling on the response: "Sort of like raccoon.”

12 comments:

  1. Hey Whit,

    Got a good laugh at that one. Did you come up with that list? Have a blessed day! - Donathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's too funny :) so have you tasted iguana yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have raccoons there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In response to your questions...
    no, I haven't tried the iguana yet
    Yes, I came up with the list
    apparently they do have racoons here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, when was the last time you were in Kansas, Whit? I think that number three could mean you are in Kansas. Also certain Kansans would know what raccoon tastes like. I, however, am not one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I doubt you couldn't identify that many fruits at the stand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Numbers 1 and 2 are definitely my favs! SOOOO funny! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is hysterical! Please do not consider eating iguana...or racoon..unless you are starving!!
    And if you are starving, please come home and I will fix you some homemade
    vegie soup! :)
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, I have heard that raccoon and iguana are very tasty when destitute for food, but I cannot comment on how nutritionally sound they are! I would stick to the fruit of the land (literarily) just to be on the safe side though. :) I hope all is well and you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Whit. This is from Allen & Carol. We got a good laugh from this post. We could totally relate to most of it, however it actually made us long for Puerto Viejo again. It's great to read your blog. You have a positive, yet realistic view of things! It' fun for us to keep up with what's going on there. If you get a chance, will you email us the picture of the people seeing what the fisherman brought in. Looks like we know someone in the picture, but it's blurry on the blog. Thanks.
    our email is surfinfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bare feet to flip flops sound like Flordia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. pppffff...
    they have racoons?? omg!, do they use forks???

    ReplyDelete